May 27, 2020
At the Annual Communication Meeting Pastor Jonathan announced that more than likely we will be able to meet at church earlier than July 5th. At the moment he believes that the earliest possible date will be June 14. That is still only a goal. It may be one or two weeks later.
May 23, 2020
President Trump announced yesterday that churches are essential and should be allowed to meet this weekend. We want to let you know that, as much as we want to meet in person tomorrow, we won’t be ready in time to do everything with excellence. We want to make sure we can abide by all the regulations of the CDC and keep everyone safe.
May 19, 2020
DAY 1 OF PHASE 1
Are you excited? We’re in day 1 of phase 1 in Western New York. Churches are in phase 4. If there are no setbacks and the phases progress every 2 weeks as hoped for, it looks like we could be meeting together in-person on Sunday, July 5th.
We’ve been planning hard as a staff to be ready for that moment. Of course it won’t look like it used to, and we are working hard to abide by every regulation that New York State has published. You can see all of the guidelines below. God bless you and enjoy day 1 of phase 1.
April 30, 2020
REOPENING CHURCH AFTER COVID-19
I cannot wait until we are able to meet together in person again. I have missed seeing everyone and will thoroughly enjoy worshiping with everyone when we can. We are putting a plan in place so we are ready to meet together when that time comes.
Unfortunately there is still no definite date for Churches to reopen in New York State. However, we want to be prepared so when we do get the OK we are ready to go. We want each of you to be safe and feel comfortable attending church. With that in mind, if by some chance we do get the go ahead to start meeting, but we are not 100% confident in our ability to keep everyone safe, then it is possible we will delay our meeting together in person a week or two at the most. We have already begun to order things such as touch-less hand sanitizer stations, masks, gloves, etc. However as you know much of this stuff is unavailable for a few more weeks.
As of now here is what you can expect when we start meeting:
- We will not be able to have Kids Church and the café. However, we will continue to live stream our services and Pastor Judy will continue to release a Kid’s video each week until we are able to have Kid’s church resume.
- We will continue to do communion remotely on the First Friday of each month with Pastors Ron & Judy at 6:30 pm on Facebook Live.
- We will not pass the offering basket. We will have them at the Auditorium doors for people to put their donations in. We do encourage you to take advantage of our online giving and text-to-give options.
- We will block off every other row of seats and families must sit together and leave 2 chair widths of space between families.
- As excited as you might be to see each other we ask no handshakes, hugs, or physical contact.
- We will ask any high-risk individuals and anyone who is sick to watch our live streaming service at home. Also, if anyone in your household is sick or has any symptoms the entire household should stay home as well.
- You will be asked to wear a mask until you are seated.
We will continue to stream our live service and have a video for Kids Church. My parents also will continue to have the Friday night prayer time on Facebook live.
One of our values is Sacrifice – We give up things we love for things we love even more. It’s an honor to sacrifice for Christ and His church.
We will sacrifice the enjoyment of having everyone together at church for the health of the more vulnerable in our community. Thank you for understanding.
We want to encourage everyone to stay in touch, send in prayer requests, or request a pastoral call. You can do this here: www.lovejoy.org/prayer
Remember you can watch our Sunday morning 10:00AM services here:
You can help us to reach more people:
- Please “Like” our Love Joy Facebook page
- “Share” our services on your social media page
- Hold a “Watch Party” with one of our videos
- Add your own caption about why you think it’s important for your friends
I especially want to thank our congregation for your continued giving at this time. Thank you for your partnership! Because of you we have been able to BE THE CHURCH in a greater way than ever before. It’s also because of your generosity that we have been able to add live streaming to our services, this is something that will continue even when we are able to meet together in person.
April 16, 2020
- Sunday 9AM Worship Playlist on Facebook
- Sunday 9:30AM Kids Church with Pastor Judy Burgio on Facebook
- Sunday 10AM Message by Pastor Jonathan Burgio – Watch Live
- Sunday 6PM Youth Zoom with Kevin, Peter & Scott: Sign up for invite
- Thursday 6:30PM Young Adults Dessert Zoom: Sign up for invite
- Friday 6:30 PM Prayer with Pastors Ron & Judy Burgio on Facebook
April 7, 2020
Watch our live streamed Easter service on our new Watch Live page.
April 2, 2020
Make sure to check our Video Archives page for past live streamed services.
March 31, 2020
I’m so excited for our Easter Service. Despite not being able to meet in person we will still have an encouraging and life changing Facebook live service. Get a friend to watch this and let us know so we can pray for them by name. I’m believing for many people to come to know Jesus this Easter! With Jesus you don’t always get what you deserve, you get something better!
Our Easter service at 10:00AM on April 12 will be streaming live on our website and on Facebook Live.
Sincerely, Jonathan Burgio
March 30, 2020
Online meetings will continue.
Unless otherwise indicated, events will be live or recorded on our Facebook page.
- Sunday 9AM Worship Playlist
- Sunday 10AM Message by Pastor Jonathan Burgio
- Sunday 10AM Kids Church with Pastor Judy Burgio
- Sunday 6PM Youth Zoom with Kevin, Peter & Scott: Sign up for invite
- Monday 7PM BASIC Message by Tom & Amanda Ryan
- Tuesday 4PM Update by Pastor Jonathan Burgio
- Wednesday 2:00PM At Home with Nicki Burgio
- Thursday 6:30PM Young Adults Dessert Zoom : Sign up for invite
- Friday 6:30 PM Prayer with Pastors Ron & Judy Burgio
March 22, 2020
In his message today, BE THE CHURCH, Pastor Jonathan shared about a need in Western New York that we can help meet.
Outreach to help Bountiful Loaves and Fishes
Provide 1 shopping bag full of non-perishable food for families with special needs children and adults. Drop off at Love Joy Church anytime. We have a big barrel by our front doors that you can put it in.
May 20, 2020
As of today, all of our connect groups are either postponed or meet online.
May 19, 2020
There are many ways you can stay connected with your church family. Check our EVENTS page for just a few.
May 17, 2020
Today I encourage you to take comfort knowing our Heavenly Father is watching over us and will take care of us. A common saying reminds us, “I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow.” God is our never-ending source of strength and hope.
“[Cast] all your cares, all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares about you with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully.” (1 Peter 5:7, AMP)
I urge you to continue in prayer for our country and our world, but also for others in our church family. Pray for those who might lose jobs or income, pray for those who are sick, in need, and overcome with worry. Most importantly, let’s pray that this virus is eradicated quickly.
For regular updates regarding future in-person services and events, please follow the updates on our website at www.lovejoy.org, our Facebook page and through email.
Sunday Morning Worship Service
We are doing our best to abide by any recommendations from our governing authorities and from the CDC and World Health Organization. We want to be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.
That being said, we will not be having our in-person Sunday Morning Worship Service this week, 3/22 and next week 3/29. I will be doing another Facebook Live video on Sunday morning at 10 am and I sincerely hope that you tune in or watch later through our website.
Since we are unable to meet in person on Sunday mornings in our large group meetings, our Connect Groups have become even more important than ever. If you would like to continue to meet with your Connect Group we are asking you to follow the newest recommendations from the White House for the next 15 days and limit all gatherings to 10 or less people.
We have attached some more recommendations from the White House to this email and suggest going to coronavirus.gov for more information.
Lastly, we are working on using a video conferencing tool called Zoom to be able to join together digitally with your Connect Group. This tool would send out an email with the day and time of your meeting and then all you have to do is click the link provided at the appropriate time and all of you can join in together to pray, encourage, and fellowship together.
We will be working with our Connect Group Leaders to set this up and then to communicate more information to you.
We are going to offer times of prayer throughout the week on Facebook Live to join one of our pastors in prayer. Again, we also ask that you personally pray, and you spend time praying in your Connect Group meetings on Zoom.
Online giving is a great, germ-free way to stay connected at Love Joy. We humbly ask that you continue your generosity by utilizing our text to give (716-282-1010) and online giving. Without your faithfulness and generosity, the church would not be able to continue to move forward. You can also mail in checks made out to Love Joy Church. Thank you for your continued giving.
How Can We Be the Church?
Even if we cannot all meet together on Sunday mornings, it doesn’t mean we can’t still BE the church. Here’s our plan so far: We will donate money to the Food Pantry at Evangel Assemblies of God in Williamsville. They are being overrun with needs. We also want to help people who are in need because of loss of income or a job.
Here’s how you can help: Please let us know if you are in need because we want to help. But don’t stop there. If you hear of a friend, family member, neighbor, or co-worker who is in need we want to help them as well. Please let us know so we can provide for their needs as best as we can, doing all this in the name of Jesus.
Please email email@example.com with any information. We ask you use email because some staff might be working at home and email will be the best way to communicate.
I leave you with this encouragement, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
Sincerely, Jonathan Burgio
Mar 15, 2020
After recent news of the coronavirus spreading to Erie County we feel it is best for Love Joy Church to cancel our Sunday Morning service on March 15. We want to be a part of the solution and not the problem. If social distancing is the best way to fight the coronavirus then we want to join in the battle.
I will do a Facebook live video at 10 am with an encouraging word for us.
Online giving is a great way to continue to give and it also prevents all exchange of germs. We humbly ask that you continue your generosity by utilizing our text to give (716-282-1010) and online giving. Thank you for your faithfulness and generosity.
If you have a prayer need, please send it in here.
March 13, 2020
Dear friends, I am praying for God’s peace over you. In this time of uncertainty and conflicting reports, we must all look to Jesus for HIS truth that we can place our cares upon Him and He gives us rest in exchange. I also want to remind you of how deeply I care for each person who is part of Love Joy Church. I consider it an honor to be a part of God’s family with each of you.
Each week the staff and I pray, plan and work hard to make sure that coming to Love Joy Church brings value, joy, and encouragement to you. We love gathering together as God’s family to worship, grow, and fellowship with one another. We will continue to work to make sure when you and your family attend Love Joy that you will be spiritually strengthened AND physically safe.
With this in mind, I want you to know how we are seeking to address the Coronavirus concerns in our church. I am not a doctor and neither is anyone on staff, so we continue to look to the Center For Disease Control and The World Health Organization for wisdom in how to respond. As a church family, we want to be prepared so that you can be confident and comfortable when attending church. We’re working hard to ensure our environments are clean and safe for you and your family.
We take the following steps every week to prevent the spread of germs:
- All staff and volunteers follow hand-washing procedures. Children in Kids Church are instructed to wash their hands after using the bathroom.
- Volunteers in our Kids area follow the posted safe and sanitary diaper-changing procedures.
- Staff remove children from the classroom if they appear to be sick, and parents are asked to pick them up immediately.
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout our building.
- Staff disinfects each classroom in our Kids ministry after the service.
- Cafe workers always wear gloves and prepare our Cafe using food safety procedure.
In addition, we are adding the following precautions for our upcoming weekends:
- We will not pass collection baskets during the offering and we humbly ask that you use another means for giving. At the end of the service, we will have our hosts stand at the doors holding baskets for you to place your offering in. We also have multiple other ways to give online, through texting, or at a kiosk at the Welcome Center.
- We will be placing hand sanitizer locations throughout our building and disinfecting all door handles.
- Unwrapped items in our cafe, including bakery items, will be plated individually to avoid any unnecessary contact.
- We are asking all volunteers and attendees to wave, give a thumbs up, and most importantly smile, instead of handshakes, hugs, and kisses.
To prevent the unnecessary spread of germs in a large gathering of people, we also ask that you familiarize yourself with these CDC and World Health Organization recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick or if you have been exposed to sickness.
Moments before we posted this, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced a ban on gatherings of 500 or more people across the state. He also added that facilities that have an official occupancy capacity of 500 or fewer will need to reduce their capacity by 50%.
What does this mean for Love Joy Church? Since our average attendance and capacity guidelines fit into these requirements we are able to meet on Sunday mornings.
If something does change we will let you know immediately through our website, email and Facebook page. Please stay up to date by checking it regularly. Of course, we would sorely miss meeting together, but we are working on ways to stream services and messages if it becomes clear that it is the wise thing to do.
We are still planning on having our regularly scheduled meetings and we remain confident in Jesus, and prayerful for you, our church, and the world during this time. We want to encourage everyone who doesn’t feel comfortable, might be sick, or has traveled outside the US recently to use your best judgement and remain home instead of attending. For others we wanted to meet to have a place of hope and encouragement during such a stressful time.
Don’t forget, as 2 Timothy 1:7 tells us, “God did not give us a spirit that makes us afraid…” If you are dealing with fear, worry, or stress, please call us, email us or let us know so we can do what we are called to do and pray for the peace of God to come and bring you peace.
Let us also remember to pray for all healthcare workers who are on the front lines fighting for our health and taking care of those who are sick.
We love you and we trust in the Lord our God to protect us and keep us safe.
Sincerely, Jonathan Burgio.
March 29, 2020
Watch today’s message: Be the Church – Part 2