Culture’s Greatest Sin
Daniel 4 (NLT)
Psalm 10:4 (NLT) The wicked are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead.
Proverbs 16:18 (NLT) Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.
James 4:6 (NLT) …God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.
Three ways to overcome pride
1. Praise and worship God.
- “I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshiped the Most High”
2.) Accept the authority of God.
- king Nebuchadnezzar said, “All his acts are just and true”
- God doesn’t ask for your understanding, He asks for your obedience.
3.) Walk in humility.
- king Nebuchadnezzar said, “he is able to humble the proud.”
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself; humility is thinking of yourself less.” – Chris Hodges
James 4:10 (NLT) Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.
You can be both courageous and humble