Three Truths To Stay Encouraged
Matthew 11:2-11 (NLT)
John the Baptist, who was in prison, heard about all the things the Messiah was doing. So he sent his disciples to ask Jesus, 3 “Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?”4 Jesus told them, “Go back to John and tell him what you have heard and seen—5 the blind see, the lame walk, those with leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor.” 6 And he added, “God blesses those who do not fall away because of me.”7 As John’s disciples were leaving, Jesus began talking about him to the crowds. “What kind of man did you go into the wilderness to see? Was he a weak reed, swayed by every breath of wind? 8 Or were you expecting to see a man dressed in expensive clothes? No, people with expensive clothes live in palaces. 9 Were you looking for a prophet? Yes, and he is more than a prophet. 10 John is the man to whom the Scriptures refer when they say, ‘Look, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, and he will prepare your way before you.’ 11 “I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, none is greater than John the Baptist…
- John never heard what Jesus said about him.
1) You are doing better than you think you are.
- You may not be what you ought to be but you’re not what you used to be.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NLT)
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. 2 A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. 3 A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. 4 A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. 5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. 6 A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. 7 A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. 8 A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.
- 28 different times in life are mentioned in those verses. The one time I just can’t seem to find is a time to quit!
2) You matter more than you think you do.
- Jesus said this about John the Baptist, “I tell you the truth, of all who have ever lived, no one is greater than John the Baptist”
- Just because John didn’t get to hear it, doesn’t mean the people in your life shouldn’t hear it.
- Jentezen Franklin once said, “don’t you dare come to my funeral and weep and cry and never show any appreciation to me while I am alive”
- Tell somebody they matter more than they think they do.
3) It’s less about you than you think.
- God is not into replacing damaged products, He’s into fixing damaged products.
Anyone can serve God because of, we need to serve God in-spite of.