Philippians 1:1-6 NKJV
Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
Verse 5 NLT
for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.
Definition of Partnership
- Two or more people, working together towards mutually desirable goals.
- Two or more people with different perspectives and abilities — respecting the views, talents, dreams and abilities of other partners.
Partnership is the ability to work together toward a common vision.
- Definition of Unity: Coming together with others for a common purpose.
- Matthew 18:19-20
- Partnership with a purpose is unity that accomplishes great things.
- Christianity will not be fun until you are connected with other believers, until you become partners with each other.
- Acts 1:8
- Be a covenant partner with God
- Want what He wants
- 1 Peter 2:5, Psalm 100:1-4
- Be a covenant partner with the Pastors
- Help where you are gifted or needed (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Help where you are GIFTED – Maximum Time commitment
- Help where you are NEEDED – be willing to serve in a pinch or a short term commitment. (Romans 12:6-8)
- Be a covenant partner with each other
- 1 Peter 4:8-10, Hebrews 10:24-25
- “You’re not 100% behind the church until you’re 10% behind the church.”
Ephesians 5:15, Galatians 6:9-10, Psalm 133